Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Ayla - Mum's Journey story

 

This is the story about my Mum’s arrival to New Zealand. My Mum was born

on the 4’th of August, 1981. In the area of Upolu, Samoa.

She arrived in New Zealand in 2008. My Mum had arrived here in New Zealand

to continue with school. While she was here, she found it a nice place to stay

so that’s what she did, she stayed. She had chosen New Zealand as a place

to stay because she used to stay in New Zealand as a child. She was also a

citizen in New Zealand. She also told me it was easier to move to New Zealand,

than to another country. When she moved to New Zealand, she stayed in

Auckland, Mt Roskill. When my Mum moved here in New Zealand, she found

the people okay. But she didn’t really know anyone, they just kept to

themselves. She finds New Zealand very different from her home country

(Samoa). My Mum finds New Zealand to be a much more developed country,

she also finds it a lot bigger. Moving to New Zealand gave her homesickness.

New Zealand wasn’t a very familiar place to my Mum. The only people she

knew were some family members. To my Mum, Samoa will always be her home.

My Mum told me about how she misses the oceans and rivers, along with all the

food, people, her family and friends. She also misses the scenery, and the

culture. My Mum has only been to Samoa, (her home place) only twice, in

13 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment