Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Ayla - My Journey - How did I come here?

 My Journey

How did I come here? 



  1. Where was your birth place? 

Mum: “I was born on the 4’th of August, 1981, in Upolu, Samoa.”




  1. When did you come to New Zealand? 

Mum: “I came to New Zealand in 2008.”




3. What was the reason for coming to New Zealand? Did you have family here?

Mum: “I came to New Zealand so I can go to school again. On the way, I found it a nice place to stay.”






4. Why did you choose New Zealand as a place to visit and stay? 

Mum: “I moved here because this is where we used to live when we were younger. We were citizens here. It was easier to move here than to another country.”



5. How did you travel to New Zealand? Were there any stops on the way to New Zealand?

Mum: “There weren’t any stops on the way.”




6. Where in New Zealand did you visit and ended up staying? 

Mum: “We moved to Auckland, and we stayed in Auckland, Mt Roskill.”




7. How did you find the people when you first arrived? 

Mum: ”They were, okay. We didn’t really know anyone. They just kept to themselves.”




8. How different was New Zealand compared to your birth place? 

Mum: “Very different. It’s a much more developed country, alot bigger.”



9. Did you go through any transition shock or homesickness when you came here? 

Mum: “Yes, it wasn’t familiar to me. I didn’t know anyone except my family.”



10. Where is home now? New Zealand or your birth place?

Mum: “Samoa will always be my home.”




11. What are some of the things you miss about your birth place? 

Mum: “The ocean and rivers, the food, the people. Family, and friends. The scenery, the culture.”



12. Have you been back to your birth place? 

Mum: “Only twice, in 13 years.”





No comments:

Post a Comment